Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Captain John "Jack" Carter


I drew this up before I see the movie. I find that when I watch movies that are based on books, I forget how the characters looked in my mind's eye when I read/listened to the books themselves. So, as an artist, I thought I could preserve what I thought John Carter looks like. The guy fought in the Civil War, he can't look like a rugged action hero in a 2012 action adventure movie. I think its also funny because he kinda ended up looking like my father. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to see the movie, but I can tell there's going to be things that bug me about it. Like for instance, Mars is red, but maybe I pushed that too far in this.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ooooOOOOoooo I actually liked the movie, thought it was pretty epic. What did you think?

Johnny Koester said...

I finally saw it, there's a facebook note explaining my thoughts. Short version, I liked it.