Monday, January 18, 2010

Anvils are Classic?

This is something I've been working on when I have down time. For long time viewers, you may notice that this is very similar to my Weight Lift assignment from second year. What can I say, I like the character and I like the idea. I'm curious what started the whole anvil thing and all Wikipedia could tell me is that it is "the epitome of a heavy and clumsy object". I've seen other things used, but the anvil seems to be the mainstay of heavy dropped things. Why not a rock? Rocks seem big and heavy and much easier to come by. I suppose rocks are kinda hard to draw, but so are anvils. Something to think about. Here's the Youtube link so you can watch it big-like. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOtgFKfxuRI

4 comments:

Mark Mayerson said...

Very nicely done, Johnny.

Jen said...

Ahahaha Johnny this is awesome!

Kris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kris said...

Hilarious idea, it looks really nice! (but what do I know, I'm in Illustration :p)